Sunday, September 25, 2005

Reflection (who TV performance)

I'm still finding the 'blog' thing a little hard. Although my girlfriend Rene has been playing around with my site, and creating her own one because she's jealous of all the attention i'm getting. But, getting to the point; she has found my missing 'blog'. This may help me to feel more inclined to keep typing, knowing that, it didn't get 'lost'...

Which reminds me, we're still watching the first series in the UK, but me and Rene are really enjoying it, which also ties in with the fishing story i told in Rachel's Who TV thing, when i was left on my own and kinder froze, but i haven't done too much live TV to be fair to myself. I talking about the series 'Lost' on the TV, where one of the cast is mauled by a wild boar, this episode still fresh in our heads when we both heard a snorting coming from the trees. Well if you didn't hear the story, this will mean nothing to you. Sorry about that, anyway, i will get on and blog soon, but until then, i'll post the 'blog' i thought i'd lost. Here it is...........................................

Still reeling from Who TV performance with Rachel, i really enjoyed myself and the time flew by, having Pete come in was really cool. It was a bit scary playing songs that i hadn't played for so many years, but all seemed to go well.
The response i've received from you bloggers astounded me, i'm looking forward to next week's session.

I'm feeling a little awkward writing here,i was hoping to flow a little better. i shall take it line by line.
Scanning through some of your comments to me in my head as i write now, i hope that the hurricane has passed leaving you well, and i thank you for making me feel very welcome, and loving the music.

About tunings, i use DADGAD frequently for the mood, and CGDGCE, that i discovered whilst restringing once. i love alternative tunings, it's like learning all over again. i would love to bring the banjo along but i'm still very much a beginner.
i loved all your comments and questions, you made me feel very special, thankyou. if i missed you out, don't let me get away with it.
i'm back in my home town, the other side of London, working on some songs i wrote in France just last week on holiday camping. i have a small studio at home,it's very cluttered with instruments hanging from the walls, cd's and books and this computer that connects us. I'll get some photo's.

Thanks again everyone.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Thanks Mikey. Please bring the banjo as it is such a friendly instrument. Maybe the three of you could hunt down a leslie cabinet or harpsichord and have a weekly 'odd instrument showcase.'
Can relate to having lots of music stuff in a small space!!

Sunday, September 25, 2005  
Blogger Model citizen said...

MIKEYYYYYY - glad to see you updated. Can't wait to see you and Rach again!

Monday, September 26, 2005  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

I am glad you recovered your post. Welcome to the vortex of procrastination. As a writer, it is exactly what I need to get some of the useless thoughts out of my head, so I can be free to write. On the other hand it is exactly what I DO NOT need because I am helplessly prone to procrastination anyway. Oh well! I enjoyed the show and look forward to the next one.
Ali

Monday, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Gary said...

Mikey,
what sort of recording do you do? I'm using a thing called an Mbox plugged into my PC, have a DR-770 drum machine. It's el cheapo, but amazing what sounds you can get these days. I used to record onto a little porta one tape player. Would be interested in your approach. Do you put down drum tracks first, or guitar with a click track?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Finally hearing and seeing you...your voice is also amazing!!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Tom Pratt said...

Hi Mikey!

I'm looking forward to your appearance on Rachel/Mikey/Who TV today, the last one was a real joy. I like to use Acid too (but you have to explain that it's a great music software program or people look at you sort of strange!) and a digital recorder. The hard disc recorders these days are amazing and not very expensive, but there is a bit of a learning curve. Thanks for sharing your favorite guitar tunings with us! I've got one that I sort of stumbled on and it brought me 5 really good songs. I call it E major tuning:
E B E G# B E

Cheers,

Tom

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  
Blogger John W Leys said...

Mikey,

I just got the chance to see your and Rachel's first Who-TV appearance & loved it. I liked the informal, cozy atmosphere. I really liked your song Plastecine (sp?). I think you mentioned something about having a mandolin? You should definitely try and learn to play it. I have a good friend who is self-taught on mandolin and he loves it. It can lend a really nice sound to a song.

Anyway, good job last week. I look forword to future broadcasts!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

Mikey,

You have a wonderful sound, with your guitar.

You also have such a nice way about you.

Keep up the great work. I'm a fan.

Johanna in Vista

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thanks Johanna in Vista,and thanks Tom, thanks SuperAmanda, thanks Jessicaaaaaaaahh, cheers Ali.
mikey

Monday, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home