Monday, January 30, 2006

Woman and bike.



Here is a drawing entitled 'Woman and bike'. I drew this when I was 16, whilst in a life class at college. I think it was this drawing that helped me understand the importance of the eraser, as a tool, creating a clean white line and greater contrast.

This drawing was my very first exhibited work, I had it professionally framed for the exhibition. I attended the opening and was very proud that one of my drawings was being shown. Shame about the photo though.

I appologize for my slack blogging, well said Kevin. This past week, I have been helping brother Shaun clear an overgrown area in his garden, then begin construction of a greenhouse. We moved ton's of soil around the garden and done some hard landscaping. I have let him do all the construction side, but I have enjoyed being outdoor's all week, it's been very cold, actually it's been snowing, but I really enjoyed myself. I stayed at home today and get a blog up, on this one and the Indonesian blog. I've been working on the new song as well, which is flying along, and sounding really cool, I can't wait to record it, although I've got loads to do before I get that far.

Thankyou to everyone that has been playing my track's on IAC, I'm at number 13 and 14 on the Independant Chart, how amazing is that, thank's everyone. If you haven't already, please go and have a listen, it's on my LINKS bit, and the fan map if your a fan that is, it's really good to see where people are.

Had sunday lunch at my sister L'rain's last night, it was lovely, roast lamb with all the trimmings. It really can't be beaten, all the family was there, it was a real treat. I'm going to help brother Shaun again tomorrow, hope everyone's doing good, take care people and GMaS.

mikey

13 Comments:

Blogger greekzoe said...

Hi Mikey,

I remember drawing pictures like that in my art classes also. I use the technique you talk about with the eraser. I find it almost as important as the pencil. Did you win anything at the art expo? You should have!

I listen to your songs everyday except weekends because I'm not home and I love them!! I'm so glad for you that you are 13 & 14. Hope you go higher!

have a great week.

Zoe

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wicked, i always listen to your songs on and off my computer. glad to know your all ok. your right as you cant beat your family especially when a yummy dinner is available. you have a lovely family were both so very lucky!.
mum says hi and sends her regards
lots of love to everybody
Lucy (tammy girl)xxxx
p.s.any advice for my gcse's or words of mikey wisdom.

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

again, very cool to see your art.

no worries about the blogging, somebody told me there is this thing called real life. Not sure if I believe him though.

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

again, very cool to see your art.

no worries about the blogging, somebody told me there is this thing called real life. Not sure if I believe him though.

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Gary said...

I'm very impressed with that drawing Mikey. You have a great sense of perspective, the front wheel looks perfectly proportioned, very hard to accomplish.

I'm working on a new song myself. It's called Water's Edge and is about New Orleans. Stephani were lucky enough to have visited a few years back and can remember it as it was. Was one of the nicest cities I have ever been to. I know you would love the art and music culture of New Orleans. I'm trying to take my time on songs these days though. Would rather have the words really say what I mean.

Can't wait till we see you on the new season of In The Attic. Please give Rene our love.

Gar

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Roast lamb Yummmmmmm. I never thought of an eraser being a tool. I can't draw stick figures, so what do I know. Thanks for all that you do Mikey.

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

Dear Mikey

The drawing that I posted on my blog was done with a simple HB (I think) pencil - actually one long & one short one - & a couple of different erasers. Much of my highlighting & blending is done with the eraser.
I am right handed but a portion of my sketching is done with my left hand - in order to "reach"!

I really quite like "Woman & Bike". You are very talented.
Please show us more!
You are helping to inspire me, Mikey!

Thanks
Dale

Monday, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Mikey,

This one is really quite nice, gestural. Compositionally the paper is divided up nicely as well. Good job on this one!

I was "tagged" and as such, one of my five things I've put up is a picture of a painting I did. My one and only attempt at abstract. Come check it out if you have time.

Good luck with the garden!!!

Jack

Tuesday, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Lovely drawing Mikey! I love your comment about the eraser! AMEN!

I have a lot of listeners to my station on IAC and so your songs get played by a ton of people. We are totally rooting for you to get to #1~~ especially my favorite song Tourist! I played it for my husband last night and he loved it!

He really likes your CD! Thank you again!

Have a fab day,
X Molly

Tuesday, January 31, 2006  
Blogger elena said...

Beautiful drawing Mikey!!! The paintings you have posted were made when you were a teenager....Do you still work on that???

Elena
XXXXXX

Tuesday, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Hey Mikey! You're not going to believe this but I FINALLY got to hear your music! Yes it's true.
Cool stuff man! Unique and quality. Tastey arrangements and your voice reminds me of 60s folk stuff like The Incredible String Band.
I just spent two days working in the woods myself. Down by the main road, waiting for my NEW recording gear to show up, so they wouldn't have to carry heavy boxes up my very long and ice covered drive.
Now I will have unlimited tracks and a Mackie interface! Expect ever more freakish music to emanate from The Hovel!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hi Mikey,

I am so happy for you! Your songs, I have told you before, have S O U L and your voice is so unique, so it's so great they are climbing up the IAC charts. Are you going to be the new No 1? I wish you so.

I think "Woman and bike" is so far my favourite of your paintings. The woman reminds me a bit of the cycladic statuettes .

Can't wait for the Attic and to hear your new song!

xoxoxo
M

Wednesday, February 01, 2006  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thanks everyone, in answer to the question, no I don't anymore, but that's not to say I won't again, if you understand. Anyway, sorry again that I've slacked, but me and my bruv got loads done. Once again, I hope your all well, take care and thankyou.
mikey

Wednesday, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home