Friday, February 03, 2006

THE FACES...

Here's some ceramic work I done when I was about 16 I think, it was about the same time I was painting photocopies of my face rolling across the copier, I've already posted up that painting, but I'll post it again here and now.

To make the faces, I first took plaster cast's of my face, but filling a plastic bowl with plaster, then plunging my face into it, it was great fun, although when the plaster goes off, it creates alot of heat, and it got quite toasty in there.
I'm at number 6 on the IAC with Plasticine, and number 7 with Tourist, Come on Ryan is a little further back, on the Alternative chart, and on All genre's, I think I'm at 27 and 30, so nearly on the first page. It's really great, I love it, thankyou so much everyone who's playing my song's. If you haven't played them, why not have a listen, my IAC page is on my LINKS.
Flying along with my new tune, I'll be able to start recording very soon, hurray!
I'm also really looking forward to the new series of 'In the Attic', I hope everyone will be tuning in.
Hope everyone's good, GMaS.
mikey

11 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth A. said...

MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ello, Love...long time, but I've been a "naughty, neglectful Blogger" as well!!

Always thinking of you and am glad things are going so well...

Can't wait for the new season of Attic, I miss you guys like mad.

Love~
Elizabeth A

Friday, February 03, 2006  
Blogger greekzoe said...

Hi Mikey,

That is a very interesting composition. It sounds like you had fun creating it. It is very good actually! I like it. You are just so talented.

I am so happy for you that your songs are doing so well on the IAC. I am anxious to hear your new songs.

I will be waiting for In The Attic to start. I can't wait either!

Have an excellent weekend.

Zoe

Friday, February 03, 2006  
Blogger AndyW said...

I think I could write a song about those faces. Very expressive and deep.

Friday, February 03, 2006  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Your art is amazing. We need Season 2.
Have a great weekend.

Friday, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

You can count on me tuning in to the new season! I can't wait... Beautiful artwork. Really unique. GMAS

-Kevin

Saturday, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

Dear Mikey

I've been listening to your songs, but they come through on my old computer very choppy a lot of the time.
Bummer...
Sometimes it's comes through clearer than others.
They are beautiful, nonetheless!

I got a kick out of how you stuck your head into plaster to get the cast of your face. A hot time!
LOL

Take care.
Dale

Saturday, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Mikey,

The ceramic is cool. Almost has a fourth dimension to it!

Jack

Sunday, February 05, 2006  
Blogger Ronzi said...

Hey Mikey

Love your music. My songs (The BBs) are doing well also. We are # 16, 19 and 36 on the "all genre" chart and 4,5,6 on the Rock chart. If you could listen and leave a comment, it would be really cool.. Love you work and your music..

ROn

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Blogger elena said...

Very nice work, Mikey, I love it..

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey thanks everyone, I'll check your blog's out, I've got no idea where the artwork is, oh well. Thank's to everyone who commented here, can't wait til the start of In The Attic. Take care all.
mikey

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Janey said...

I play your songs pretty much daily (unless I am trapped in meetings) - love 'em. The ceramic reminds me of my husband's birthday cake a couple of years ago. He and his brother were having fun with the scanner and photoshop and scanned their faces rolling across the scanner. I had one of them made into an edible picture on his cake. The lady at the bakery wasn't sure what to make of it, but it was great fun.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home